Herbed Onion Focaccia
You'll love the simplicity of this savory focaccia bread, taste treat that uses frozen bread dough and Italian herbs...and bakes up golden brown and delicious.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup packed)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll dough into 10" x 14" rectangle on Rectangle Stone using lightly floured Baker's Roller®. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Slice onions using Utility Knife. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in (10-in.) Skillet over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Cook onion and garlic 2-3 minutes or until onion is softened. Evenly spread cooked onion and garlic over crust pressing lightly; sprinkle with herbs. Grate Parmesan cheese using Rotary Grater; sprinkle cheese over onion. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares using Pizza Cutter; serve with Mini-Serving Spatula.
- servings of 12
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 127 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving