Mediterranean Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
Turn pizza into a wow with a quick roasted red pepper sauce and fresh spinach!
- 1 small pkg (6.5 oz) pizza crust mix (see Cook’s Tip)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 jar (6.5 oz or 170 mL) marinated artichokes, undrained
- 3 cups (750 mL) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (12 oz or 370 mL) roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC). Prepare pizza dough according to package directions; knead on floured Cutting Board 1 minute or until dough is no longer sticky.
Brush Large Round Stone with Handles with oil. Place dough in center of stone.
Roll dough to an even thickness to within 1/2 in. (1 cm) of edge of stone. Bake on lowest rack of oven 11-13 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Remove stone from oven and spread sauce over crust. Top with mozzarella. Bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove pizza from oven. Cut pizza into 12 slices. Top with spinach mixture and feta.
- 12 slices
6 servings of 2 slices
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 290, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 840 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 15 g
You can substitute a 13.8-oz (283-g) package of refrigerated pizza crust dough for the pizza crust mix. Roll out the dough and trim it with the Pizza Cutter to within 1/2 in. (1 cm) of the edge of the stone.
You can use the Large Bar Pan for this recipe. Roll out the dough to cover the bottom of the pan and continue as the recipe directs. You can also use this pan with refrigerated pizza crust dough.