- 3 tbsp (45 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 slices Italian bread, cut 1/2 in. (1 cm) thick
- 4 slices (1 oz/30 g each) mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
In small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, basil and pressed garlic; mix well. Lightly spray one side of each bread slice with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Place bread slices oil side down on Cutting Board; spread with mayonnaise mixture
To assemble panini, arrange one slice of cheese, spinach and one red pepper over half of the bread slices. Top with remaining cheese and remaining bread slices, oil side up.
Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Place panini in pan; top with Grill Press and cook 3-4 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Turn over using Nylon Panini Spatula; cook 3-4 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove panini from pan to Cutting Board. To slice panini, position spatula over top of panini. Insert tip of Chef's Knife through the back of the slot and press knife downwards through the rest of the slot.
- 2 servings of 1 panini
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 410, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 1140 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 20 g