Stovetop Pan Pizza
Homemade pizza – no oven required!
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) salt
- 6 oz (175 g) cooked Italian chicken sausage links (2 links)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small pkg (6.5 oz) pizza crust mix (see Cook’s Tip)
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 oz/125 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Cut bell pepper lengthwise into ¼-in. (6-mm) strips then crosswise into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces. Combine sausages and pepper in Large Micro-Cooker®; set aside.
Prepare pizza crust mix according to package directions; knead on floured Pastry Mat 1 minute or until dough is no longer sticky.
Place dough into Skillet, gently stretching and pressing dough to cover evenly. Brush dough with remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) oil.
Cook dough, undisturbed, over medium-high heat 4-7 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Microwave sausage mixture, uncovered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until hot.
Flip crust over using Nylon Turner; top evenly with mayonnaise and sausage mixtures and cheese. Cover; cook 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom of crust is golden brown.
Remove pizza from Skillet; cut into 8 slices. Garnish with basil.
- 4 servings of 2 slices
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 420, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 20 g
To make this recipe with refrigerated bulk pizza dough, let 10 oz (300 g) dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Omit Step 3 and continue with recipe as directed.
To make pizza in the (11-in./28-cm) Skillet, prepare dough as recipe directs, rolling to an 9-in. (23-cm) circle. Continue as recipe directs.