Italian Salad Pizza
This flavorful pizza, topped with fresh salad ingredients, is best when served immediately.
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 425°F. For crust, roll out dough to edge of Large Round Stone with Handles using lightly floured Baker's Roller®. Press garlic over dough using Garlic Press; spread with Skinny Scraper. Sprinkle dough with oregano and basil. Bake on bottom rack of oven 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Meanwhile, for toppings, slice lettuce and dice tomato using Santoku Knife. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with adjustable blade, thinly slice onion. Slice olives with Egg Slicer Plus®. Place lettuce, tomato, onion and olives in Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat using Bamboo Salad Tongs.
Remove crust from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Grate half of the Parmesan cheese over crust using Rotary Grater. Top with salad mixture; grate remaining Parmesan cheese over pizza. Cut with Pizza Cutter; serve immediately.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 340, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 1030 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 meat (2 carb)
Grating fresh Parmesan cheese over pizzas, pastas and salads is a quick way to add flavor to your cooking. Bring the Rotary Grater right to the table for everyone to use.