Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
- 1 recipe Homemade Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (do not use margarine)
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Romano cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Additional sage leaves (optional)
Prepare gnocchi as recipe directs, omitting marinara sauce. Heat oil and butter over medium heat in (12-in.) Skillet. Add sage and cook 1 minute or until butter just begins to brown. Add cooked gnocchi. Cook without stirring 4-5 minutes or until gnocchi are golden brown on one side.
Remove from skillet; spoon onto serving plates. Grate cheese over gnocchi using Rotary Grater. Top with coarsely ground black pepper; garnish with additional sage, if desired.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 410, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 540 mg, Fiber 2 g