Cherry Balsamic Pork Stir-Fry with Orzo
- 8 oz (250 g) uncooked orzo pasta (1¼ cups/300 mL)
- 2 cups (500 mL) unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions with tops
- 4 cups (1 L) loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- Sauce & Pork
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apple juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds, toasted
For orzo, combine orzo, 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) of the stock, water and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Rice Cooker Plus. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 9–11 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring after 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grate cheese with Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater. Thinly slice green onions with Chef’s Knife. Remove rice cooker from microwave; stir in remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) stock, cheese, green onions, spinach and black pepper.
Meanwhile, for sauce, combine vinegar, juice and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl; whisk until well blended.
Slice pork lengthwise in half on Large Grooved Cutting Board; cut each half crosswise into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper. Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 1–3 minutes or until shimmering. Add pork to Skillet;cook 2–3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the sauce; cook 1–2 minutes or until sauce is hot, stirring constantly.
To serve, divide orzo among serving plates; top with pork. Drizzle with remaining sauce and sprinkle with almonds.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 390, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 410 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 34 g