This lasagna primavera recipe has creamy ricotta and delicious noodles. Get ready to add it to your regular dinner rotation!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 can (28 oz./794 g) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 container (15 oz./425 g) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (¼ cup/60 mL)
- 3 cups (750 mL) marinara sauce
- 10-11 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (1 L) grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Add the carrots, zucchini, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the tomatoes and set aside.
Combine the ricotta and egg in a large bowl. Add the Parmesan. Mix well and set aside.
To assemble the lasagna, spread 1½ cups (375 mL) of the marinara sauce over the bottom of the 14" x 10" (35-cm x 25-cm) Enameled Cast Iron Pan. Top with half of the uncooked noodles (5–6 noodles) in a single layer, pressing the noodles into the sauce. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers, starting with the marinara sauce.
Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 350, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 20 g
The Rapid-Prep Mandoline is great for slicing zucchini and carrots—just slice with the No. 3 thickness.