Lemon Artichoke Pasta
Brighten up weeknight meals with this pasta that cooks in the microwave.
- 12 oz. (350 g) uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 cups (1 L) unsalted chicken stock (see cook's tips)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2½ tsp (12 mL) Lemon Garlic Rub or Lemon Pepper Rub
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 oz. (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- Optional: Salt
Add the spaghetti, stock, and lemon juice to the Rockcrok® (4-qt./3.8-L) Dutch Oven or Deep Covered Baker. Microwave, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley in a food processor. Add the artichokes, oil, rub, and garlic. Process again, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until the artichokes are coarsely chopped.
Carefully remove the Dutch oven from the microwave; stir. Return to the microwave. Microwave, covered, for an additional 8 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
Trim the ends off the zucchini and cut into 3" (7.5-cm) julienne strips (about 2 cups/500 mL).
- Add the artichoke mixture, zucchini, and Parmesan to the Dutch oven. Toss to coat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. If you’d like, season with salt.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Fiber 4 g, Total sugars 5 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 16 g
If you’d like to make this recipe vegetarian, substitute unsalted vegetable stock or low-sodium vegetable broth for the chicken stock.
For added protein, serve with grilled chicken, shrimp, or cannellini beans.