Broccoli-Cheddar Chicken Nuggets
These nuggets will make kids and parents happy with the addition of broccoli in the coating!
- 3 oz (90 g) broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL)
- 3 oz (90 g) cheddar cheese (3/4 cup/175 mL grated)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry garlic and herb bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg white
- Canola oil for brushing pan
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) honey
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Place broccoli in Manual Food Processor and process until finely chopped.
Using Microplane® Adjustable Course Grater, grate cheese. Add ½ cup (125 mL) of the cheese and bread crumbs to processor; process until cheese is finely chopped and mixture is combined.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place into Classic Batter Bowl. Add flour and salt; mix to coat chicken.
In a small bowl, whisk egg white and add to batter bowl. Mix until chicken is coated.
Pour broccoli mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Squeeze out as much air as possible; knead and shake to mix.
Bake 11-13 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cook 1 more minute or until melted.
Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with chicken.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 270, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 640 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 32 g
Save the broccoli stalks and slice in Simple Slicer on #1 setting. Use as dippers or add to salads, soups or stir-fries!