Thai Chicken Stir-Fry Salad
Skip the takeout counter and cook at home! A warm and flavorful Asian stir-fry tops a colorful salad or hot cooked rice for an unbeatable main dish.
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup creamy poppy seed salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium cucumber, scored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli slaw mix
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- Chicken Mixture
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
For salad, score cucumber lengthwise using Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer™. Thinly slice cucumber; cut slices in half. Place spinach, slaw mix, cucumber and bell pepper into Stainless (8-qt.) Mixing Bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.
For chicken mixture, flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to skillet in a single layer. Cook without stirring 2 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; remove from heat. Add basil, peanuts and 1/4 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
To serve, toss salad with remaining dressing; top with chicken mixture and serve immediately on Simple Additions® Large Rectangular Platter with Handles.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 3 g