Teriyaki Meatballs with Rice
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
In Classic Batter Bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, gingerroot and salt; mix gently but thoroughly. Form mixture into 20 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Heat oil in (12-in.) Skillet over medium heat until hot. Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently using Chef's Tongs, about 5-7 minutes or until meatballs are brown on all sides. Add teriyaki baste and glaze, bell pepper, pineapples and juice; stir gently to coat meatballs evenly. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve meatballs and sauce over hot cooked rice.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 450, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Carbohydrate 58 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 1670 mg, Fiber 2 g
Teriyaki baste and glaze is a thickened, bottled teriyaki sauce that can be found in the ethnic section of most grocery stores.