Spicy Thai Noodles
- 1 package fresh Oriental-style noodles
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
In Small Batter Bowl, combine water, vinegar, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, peanut butter and red pepper flakes; mix well. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; whisk ingredients to combine and set aside.
Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions, garlic and shrimp. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and curls up. Add reserved sauce mixture to Skillet and heat through. Add cooked noodles and bean sprouts, tossing lightly. Heat 1 minute. Remove to serving platter; sprinkle with peanuts.
- 4-6 servings
Oriental-style noodles can be found in the produce section of the grocery store or in specialty Asian food stores. Angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained, can be substituted for Oriental noodles.