Stuffed Spinach and Sausage Roll
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
Preheat oven to 400°F. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sausage, mushrooms, spinach, cheese and garlic; mix well. In Small Batter Bowl, separate egg using Egg Separator; add yolk to spinach mixture, reserving egg white.
Roll one pizza crust into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread half of spinach mixture over dough to within 1/2- inch of edges of dough. Starting at longest side of rectangle, roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion; press seams together to seal. Repeat with remaining pizza crust and filling.
Place rolls, seam sides down, on Large Round Stone with Handles. Join ends of rolls to form 1 large ring; pinch together to seal. Lightly beat egg white using Egg Separator; brush over dough. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Spoon sauce over each serving.
- 10 servings