Sole Bundles in Dijon Sauce
Sole, a mild flatfish, is beautifully accompanied by asparagus and a rich, velvety sauce.
- 20 thin, fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in half
- 8 sole fillets (2-3 oz/60-90 g each) about 1/2 in. (1 cm) thick
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each lemon zest and juice
Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Place asparagus in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Season sole fillets with salt and black pepper. For each bundle, place five asparagus pieces on narrow edge of one fillet and carefully roll up. Place bundles seam side down on Medium Round Stone with Handles; lightly spray with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 14-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Heat butter and flour in (1.5-qt./1.4-L) Saucepan over medium heat; whisk 1 minute using Silicone Sauce Whisk. Add broth and bell pepper; whisk constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Remove saucepan from heat; whisk in mustard, half and half, lemon zest and juice. Spoon sauce over sole bundles.
- 4 servings of 2 bundles and about 1/4 cup (50 mL) sauce
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 350, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 48 g, Sodium 870 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 vegetable, 6 low-fat meat (0 carb)