Orange Roughy Parmesan
A unique microwave technique makes this garlicky bread crumb crust extra crispy.
- 1 slice French bread, finely chopped (1/4 cup/50 mL crumbs)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tbsp/30 mL (1/2 oz/15 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) snipped fresh parsley
- 2 orange roughy fillets (about 4 oz/125 g each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Using Food Chopper, finely chop bread slice. Place bread crumbs, butter and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until bread crumbs are toasted, stirring every 30 seconds; add Parmesan cheese and parsley and mix well.
Season orange roughy fillets with salt and black pepper; place on Small Bar Pan. Using Citrus Press, juice lemon half evenly over fillets. Spoon bread crumb mixture evenly over fillets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown and orange roughy flakes easily with a fork.
- 2 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 250, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 570 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 3 low-fat meat (1 carb)