Maple-Glazed Salmon with Couscous
This complete meal uses your time wisely; simply grill the salmon while the couscous finishes cooking.
- 1 can (14 oz or 284 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked plain couscous
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each maple-flavored syrup and stone-ground mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each brown sugar and lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each snipped fresh chives and toasted cashews
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. In (2-qt./1.8-L) Saucepan, combine broth, raisins, oil and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine syrup, mustard, brown sugar and lemon juice in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; mix well. Season salmon with salt and black pepper. Lightly grease grid of grill. Grill salmon, covered, 3 minutes. Carefully turn salmon using BBQ Jumbo Turner and brush with glaze. Grill 2-3 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Remove from grill.
To serve, fluff couscous with fork; stir in chives and sprinkle with cashews. Serve with salmon.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 550, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 66 g, Protein 31 g, Sodium 1080 mg, Fiber 4 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
3 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 3 medium-fat meat (4 1/2 carb)