Crusty Grilled Sandwiches
Hearty sandwiches are perfect fast-dinner fare. Our ham and cheese is grilled with a special garlic-Parmesan spread.
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium tomato, sliced into 8 thin slices (optional)
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- On 4 bread slices, evenly layer half of the Monterey Jack cheese and all of the ham.
- For each sandwich, spread ham with 1 teaspoon mustard; top with 2 tomato slices and 1 teaspoon snipped basil, if desired. Cover with remaining cheese and bread slices.
Using Large Spreader, spread butter mixture over outsides of sandwiches. Place sandwiches on (11-in.) Square Griddle; cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using Nylon Turner to carefully turn. Cut sandwiches in half with Bread Knife.
- 4 servings of 1 sandwich
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 530, Total Fat 33 g, Sodium 1760 mg, Fiber 2 g
Sourdough bread often comes in unsliced round loaves. For these sandwiches, just cut 8 slices, 1/2 inch thick, with the Bread Knife.
Use the Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade to thinly slice the tomato.
This recipe can be doubled and prepared on the Double Burner Griddle.