Cobb Salad Squares
All the ingredients of a famous California salad top hot cheesy crust for these individiual "pizzas."
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces deli turkey breast, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 slices crisply cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop lettuce with Chef's Knife. Place in Classic Batter Bowl. Cut turkey into 1/2-inch cubes. Seed and chop tomatoes. Add turkey, tomatoes, blue cheese and bacon to Batter Bowl; cover and refrigerate.
Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles on Rectangle Baking Stone. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller®, press perforations together to seal; roll out dough to make 4 rectangles, 4 x 6 inches. Press garlic over dough using Garlic Press; spread evenly with Skinny Scraper. Sprinkle with basil. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove Baking Stone from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately top crust with mozzarella cheese shredded with Rotary Grater.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 430, Fat 25 g, Sodium 1310 mg, Dietary Fiber 2 g
Hard-cooked eggs can be prepared several days in advance. To hard cook eggs, place eggs in (1.5-qt.) Saucepan and fill with enough cold water to cover eggs. Bring water to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Immediately run cold water into pan to cool eggs. Refrigerate eggs until ready to use.
Add ripe avocado, cut into cubes, to salad mixture, if desired.