Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Try a light version of an all-time favorite that's quick, easy and, most of all, delicious.
- 4 cups (6 ounces) egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (9 1/4 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 round buttery crackers, crushed (about 1/4 cup)
Preheat oven to 375°F. In Executive (4-qt.) Casserole, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Place in Casserole. Chop onion with Food Chopper. Add to noodles in Casserole along with all remaining ingredients except crackers; mix well. Spoon into Mini-Baking Bowl. Using Baker’s Roller®, crush crackers in resealable plastic bag; sprinkle over noodle mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until crumb topping is lightly browned and noodle mixture is bubbly and heated through.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 420 calories and 11 grams of fat per serving
To thaw frozen peas and carrots quickly, drain hot water from cooked noodles over frozen peas and carrots in colander.
Casserole may be made 1 day ahead, except for topping with the cracker crumbs. Cover and refrigerate. Before baking, sprinkle with the cracker crumbs and bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until heated through.