Calypso Club Sandwich Ring
This lively ham sandwich ring is embellished with pineapple, onion and bell pepper slices.
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 6 ounces thinly sliced 96% fat-free deli smoked ham
- 4 ounces thinly sliced reduced-fat Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread dough, seam side down, on Large Round Stone with Handles. Join ends of dough together to form one large ring. Using Bread Knife, make eight diagonal cuts, 1/2 inch deep, on top of dough.
Brush egg white over dough using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 26-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove bread to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard and honey in Small Batter Bowl; mix until well blended. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice bell peppers and onion. Thinly slice lettuce using Chef's Knife.
To assemble sandwich, cut bread in half horizontally using Bread Knife. Place bottom half of bread on large serving platter. Spread half of the mayonnaise mixture over cut side of bottom half of bread; top with pineapple slices. Arrange ham and cheese evenly over pineapple; layer with half of the bell pepper slices. Top with lettuce, remaining bell pepper slices and onion slices. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over cut side of bread top; place over bottom half. Cut into wedges.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 340 (25% from fat), Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 900 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat (3 carb)
The bread ring can be baked up to 1 day ahead of time. Cool completely, wrap securely in plastic wrap and store at room temperature.