Calico Bean Bake
A colorful medley of beans adds interest to a casserole that will feed a crowd but is still easy on the budget.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean (90%) ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) cut green beans
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red beans
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) Great Northern beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey Dijon barbecue sauce
Chop onion using Food Chopper. Add ground beef and onion to skillet. Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into small crumbles.
Meanwhile, drain and rinse all beans except pork and beans in large Stainless Mesh Colander; set aside.
Drain beef using small Stainless Mesh Colander; return to skillet. Add reserved beans, undrained pork and beans, barbecue sauce and all except 1/4 cup of the bacon to beef in skillet; mix well.
Spoon mixture in Rectangular Baker; top with remaining bacon. Bake 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 12 servings of 1 cup
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 440, Fat 18 g, Sodium 1830 mg, Dietary Fiber 9 g
The 11-inch capacity of the large Stainless Mesh Colander allows you to drain and rinse all of the beans (except pork and beans) at one time.