Blue Ribbon Barbecue Sauce - Traditional
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Tabasco® hot pepper sauce to taste (optional)
Heat oil in (3-qt.) Saucepan over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add onion. Cook 2 minutes or until tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
Using BBQ Basting Brush, brush barbecue sauce on food during the last 10-15 minutes of grilling to prevent burning.
Refrigerate unused sauce, covered, up to 2 weeks.