- 4 large baking potatoes (10-12 ounces each)
- 1/2 recipe prepared Make-Ahead Seasoned Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, sliced pitted ripe olives, sour cream and snipped fresh cilantro
Meanwhile, prepare ground beef mixture as recipe directs for Make-Ahead Seasoned Ground Beef. Add water, chili powder and cumin to half of ground beef mixture remaining in skillet. Cover and simmer over low heat 5 minutes.
Split potatoes lengthwise; squeeze gently and fluff with fork. Top with ground beef mixture, cheese and desired toppings.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 550, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 71 g, Protein 34 g, Sodium 720 mg, Fiber 7 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
4 starch, 3 meat, 1 vegetable (4 carb)
The Mexican meat mixture is very versatile. For traditional tacos, fill warmed tortillas with the meat mixture. Add shredded Mexican cheese blend, any of the optional toppings and shredded lettuce, if desired.
For taco salads, top torn salad greens with the meat mixture. Add shredded Mexican cheese blend, any of the optional toppings and tortilla chips, if desired.