Peanut Butter Cookie Pops
- 1 pkg (18 oz or 468 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour, plus additional as needed
- ½ cup (125 mL) creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk chocolate morsels
- 18 Flat wooden sticks with round ends
* Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Divide the dough in half. Move the dough to a floured surface. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it’s ¼” (6 mm) thick (see cook’s tip). Lightly dip the Emoji Cookie Cutters in flour and cut out as many cookies as you can. Use the Mini Nylon Turner to move the cookies onto a cookie sheet
* Repeat step 3 with the remaining dough half. Collect the dough scraps from both halves and repeat rolling and cutting.
Bake for 13–16 minutes, or until the cookies are a light golden brown. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven to a cooling rack and cool for 3 minutes. Use the turner to move the cookies to a cooling rack.
Put the chocolate morsels into a small microwavable bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1–1 ½ minutes or until mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
Turn the cookies face-side down on a clean cookie sheet. Place one end of a wooden stick in the center of each cookie and spoon about ½ tbsp (7 mL) of melted chocolate on top of the stick; spread it around to make a 1½” (4-cm) circle.
Refrigerate the cookies for 15 minutes, or until the chocolate is set. (Don’t pick up the cookie pops using the sticks until the chocolate is set.)
- 18 servings of 1 cookie pop
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 200, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 120 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 13 g, Protein 4 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
Make sure your dough is rolled out right. Use the middle ridge on the side of the cookie cutters as a guide!
Decorate your cookies with sprinkles. Yum!
*Ask for an adult’s help