Sunshine Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon zest (3 lemons)
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened (do not substitute)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine flour, zest, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and both sugars; beat with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture; mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place Reversible Silicone Baking Mat on cookie sheet. Scoop 12 level Medium Scoops of dough onto medium circles on baking mat. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown; remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling rack; repeat with remaining dough.
- 24 servings of 1 cookie
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 140 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g
For large cookies: In Step 2, scoop 6 level Large Scoops of dough onto largest circles on baking mat. Bake 14-16 minutes. Repeat for a total of 12 cookies.
For small cookies: In Step 2, scoop 18 level Small Scoops of dough onto smallest circles on baking mat. Bake 9-11 minutes. Repeat twice for a total of about 48 cookies.
If desired, you may omit the lemon zest.