Sunshine Lemon Cake
Watch the smiles appear when you bring on the Sunshine Lemon Cake. This delightfully refreshing cake is lemony inside and out, and as easy as pie to make.
- 1 package (18.25 oz/540 g) white cake mix
- 1 package (3 oz/90 g) lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold water
- 1 package (3.4 oz/ 90 g) instant lemon pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) cold milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Using Kitchen Spritzer, lightly spray Rectangular Baker with vegetable oil. For cake, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared Baker; spread to cover bottom evenly. Bake according to package directions. Let cool in Baker 30 minutes. Using metal skewer or large fork, poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) deep and 1/2 inch (1 cm) apart. In Small Batter Bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Slowly pour gelatin evenly over cake. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
For topping, combine pudding mix, milk and lemon juice in Classic Batter Bowl; stir with Stainless Whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in whipped topping; spread evenly over cake. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
- 15 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 280 calories and 13 grams of fat per serving