Raspberry Mojito Trifle
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) loosely packed fresh mint leaves (about 16 large leaves)
- 12 coconut cookies (about 2 cups/500 mL coarsely crushed) (See Cook’s Tips)
- 1 pkg (13 oz or 283 g) prepared angel food cake
- 1 pkg (12 oz or 400 g) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 oz (60 g) light rum (optional)
- 1 lime
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed (3 cups/750 mL)
- 2 containers (5.3 oz each) 2% low-fat key lime Greek yogurt (1 1/3 cups/325 mL (see Cook’s Tips)
- 24 fresh raspberries (about 3 oz/90 g) (optional)
- Additional mint leaves (optional)
In small Silicone Prep Bowl, combine water and sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and water begins to simmer. Stir in mint; steep 5 minutes.
Coarsely crush cookies in large resealable plastic bag using flat side of Meat Tenderizer; transfer to medium Silicone Prep Bowl. On Large Grooved Cutting Board, cut angel food cake into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes with Color Coated Bread Knife.
Zest lime with Microplane® Zester over Classic Batter Bowl. Juice lime with Citrus Press over batter bowl. Add whipped topping and yogurt. Using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®, fold together until incorporated.
To assemble, place a third of the angel food cake in the Trifle Bowl to cover the surface. Evenly pour a third of the raspberry syrup over cake. Add a third of the yogurt mixture, spreading to the edges. Sprinkle with half of the cookie crumbs. Repeat layers twice, ending with the yogurt mixture.
To garnish, arrange fresh raspberries around the rim of bowl. Place mint leaves in center of trifle. Serve with Slotted Spoon.
- 16 servings of (¾ cup/175 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (¾ cup/175 mL): Calories 220, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g
The Mix ‘N Chop easily integrates the frozen raspberries into the water-and-sugar mixture. See step 3.
2 ½ cups (625 mL) crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers) can be substituted for the coconut cookies.
Lime Greek yogurt can be substituted for the key lime Greek yogurt.