Quick Fudgy Brownies
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecan halves
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 4 oz (125 g) unsweetened chocolate for baking
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Double-Strength Vanilla
- 2 bars (1.8 oz/53 g each) chocolate-covered caramel-peanut candy (3/4 cup/175 mL coarsely chopped)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Place pecans into Small Baker. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring every 30 seconds. Set pecans aside in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. Cut butter and chocolate into pieces using Santoku Knife; place into Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl using (7-in./18-cm) Strainer.
Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla in Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk using Stainless Whisk. Slowly add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, whisking constantly until smooth. Fold in flour mixture until incorporated using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.
Pour batter into baker. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and edges are firm. Meanwhile, coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper. Cut candy bars into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces. Top brownies with pecans and candy pieces. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 280, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 4g, Sodium 190mg, Fiber 2g
Any candy bar can be substituted for the chocolate-covered caramel-peanut candy bars, if desired.
For best results, use a microwave oven with a built-in turntable.
The Square Baker or Deep Covered Baker, uncovered, can be substituted for the Small Baker, if desired.