Quick Carrot Cake
It's hard to believe this spicy fluted cake starts with a cake mix and "bakes" in the microwave oven.
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 3 medium)
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6-7 teaspoons milk
In Classic Batter Bowl, combine eggs, pineapple with juice and Cinnamon. Add cake mix and 1/3 cup oil; mix with Mix 'N Scraper® until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute. Fold in carrots and all but 2 tablespoons of the walnuts. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly.
Microwave on HIGH 10-13 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top, near center.) Let stand in microwave oven 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides and center tube of pan, if necessary. Invert onto Stackable Cooling Rack; remove pan. Cool completely.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and enough milk to make a thick glaze. Spoon glaze over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Let cake stand until glaze is set before slicing.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 360, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 340 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch, 1 fruit, 3 fat (3 carb, 3 fat)
If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate the cake once after 6 minutes of cooking.
To bake cake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 325°F. Bake 55-60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack; remove pan. Cool completely.
Substitute ground cinnamon for Korintje Cinnamon, if desired.
For ease in serving, slice cake with our Bread Knife.
The Citrus Peeler is the perfect tool to aid in loosening cakes from the fluted sides and center of the Stoneware Fluted Pan.