Peppermint Holiday Tarts
- 1/2 pkg (16 oz) butter-flavored cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) butter (3/4 stick), melted
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chocolate sauce, warmed
- 6 Hard peppermint candies, coarsely crushed
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Break cookies in half. Place half of the cookies into Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle to form very fine crumbs. Transfer cookie crumbs to medium Bamboo Fiber Bowl. Repeat with remaining cookies. Add butter and brown sugar to mixing bowl; mix until moistened. Divide crumb mixture evenly among six Mini Tart Pans, pressing firmly into bottom and up sides using fingertips. Arrange tart pans on Medium Sheet Pan. Bake 5-8 minutes or until crusts are set and just beginning to brown.
Meanwhile, for filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 10–20 seconds or until slightly softened. Add powdered sugar, red food coloring and peppermint extract; mix well using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with filling and set aside (see Cook's Tip).
Carefully remove crusts from tart pans. Pipe filling over crusts; drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with coarsely crushed candies.
- 6 servings of 1 tart
For best results, place Easy Accent® Decorator filled with filling into freezer until ready to use (up to 5 minutes). This makes the filling stiffer and easier to pipe over crusts.