Peanut Butter Rocky Road Dessert
Dad will never be as proud as when he's served this frozen treat topped with his favorite flavors - peanut butter and chocolate.
- 5 peanut butter cup candies (0.6 ounce each), each cut into eighths
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about eight 5 x 2 1/4-inch crackers)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
Preheat oven to 350°F. Refrigerate peanut butter cup candies for easier cutting. Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of Square Baker. Bake 8 minutes. Cool completely.
Cut peanut butter cup candies into eighths using Utility Knife. Sprinkle candies, marshmallows and peanuts evenly over pudding mixture. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Cover with aluminum foil; freeze 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Cut dessert into squares using Utility Knife dipped in warm water.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 380 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 3 fat (2 1/2 carb)
When making crumb crusts for desserts, you'll find that the Food Chopper is a great tool for chopping graham crackers and cookies.
You can substitute 10 miniature peanut butter cup candies, cut in half, for the larger peanut butter cup candies, if desired.
You can spend more time with Dad by preparing this dessert the day ahead. Serve with a carafe of freshly brewed coffee for the perfect ending to his special day.