Mint Chocolate Silk Pie
This creamy, chocolate-and-mint pie is the height of dessert decadence.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), softened according to package directions
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped, divided (about 28 candies)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 container (12 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed, divided
Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently unfold one crust onto lightly floured Pastry Mat; roll to a 12-inch circle. Place crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides of crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Gradually add milk, whisking until smooth. Set aside eight of the candies for garnish. Place remaining candies in Small Micro-Cooker®, microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Do not overheat. Add melted candies to cream cheese mixture; whisk until blended. Add pudding mix to cream cheese mixture; whisk until smooth (mixture will be very thick).
Fill Easy Accent® Decorator with 1 cup of the whipped topping; set aside. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture; stir until well blended. Immediately spoon filling into crust; spread evenly.
Grate two of the reserved candies over center of pie using Rotary Grater. Pipe reserved topping around edge of pie. Cut remaining candies in half; garnish edge of pie. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 290, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 0 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 1 fruit, 3 fat (2 carb)