Lemon Chiffon Dessert Squares
- 1 1/2 cups (5 ounces) pretzels, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups assorted fresh fruit such as blueberries, raspberries, or sliced strawberries, kiwis, peaches, or nectarines
Preheat oven to 350°F. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic food storage bag with Baker's Roller®; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add butter and sugar; mix well. Press crust mixture onto bottom of Rectangular Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool completely.
For filling, sprinkle gelatin over water in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until gelatin is dissolved. Zest lemon using Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest; set zest aside. Using Juicer, juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Add lemon juice to dissolved gelatin.
In Classic Batter Bowl, combine lemon zest and cream cheese. Using Stainless Whisk, gradually whisk in gelatin mixture and whipped topping until smooth; spread evenly over crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Top with fresh fruit; slice and serve with Slice 'N Serve®.
- 15 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 230, Total Fat 15 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 1 g