Decadent Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped hazelnuts (filberts)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray Square Baking Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour and cocoa powder in small mixing bowl; whisk to remove lumps. In large bowl, combine butter and sugar; mix until blended. Add eggs one at a time, whisking 15 seconds after each addition until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Gradually fold in flour mixture, mixing until well blended.
Pour batter into baker; top with hazelnuts. Bake 27-30 minutes or until edges are firm. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in baker.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 200, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 55 mg, Fiber 1 g