Cool Lime Colada Cake
Treat your friends to a taste of the tropics.
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 2 limes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) coconut cream or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 3 cups assorted fresh fruit such as sliced kiwi, pineapple, apricots, nectarines, peaches, mango or papaya
- 2 tablespoons toasted flaked coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter into Baker. Bake 40-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on Stackable Cooling Rack 10 minutes. Remove from Baker; cool completely.
Cut cooled cake in half horizontally using Bread Knife. Place bottom half of cake on serving plate. Zest limes with Zester/Scorer to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Juice limes using Juicer to measure 1/4 cup juice. Beat cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl with Stainless Whisk until smooth. Gradually beat in milk, a small amount at a time, until well blended. Add pudding mix; beat 1 minute. Whisk in zest and juice. Fold in whipped topping.
Spread half of the pudding mixture evenly over bottom cake layer using Large Spreader. Top with remaining cake layer and pudding mixture. Slice peeled kiwi with Egg Slicer Plus®; slice remaining fruit with Utility Knife. Arrange fresh fruit over top of cake. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 340, Fat 17 g, Sodium 440 mg, Dietary Fiber less than 1 g
To toast coconut, place coconut in Mini-Baker. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.