Cinnamon Poached Pears
- 2 cups apple or orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 firm, ripe pears such as Bartlett
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
In (10-in.) Skillet, combine juice, sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Peel pears, cut in half and remove cores. Add pears to syrup; cover. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove pears from skillet using Nylon Slotted Spoon. Cool slightly.
Serve pears with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- 4 servings of 1 half pear, excluding optional ingredients
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 110, Total Fat 0.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 0 mg, Fiber 2 g