Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bombes
With silky peanut butter mousse perfectly enrobed in milk chocolate shells, this dessert truly is the bomb.
- 1 pkg (11.5-oz/250 g) milk chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (1 1/2 sticks), cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plus 2 tsp (10 mL) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, cut into pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce and Coarse Sea & Himalayan Salt (optional)
For glaze, bring 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water to a simmer in (3-qt./2.8-L) Saucepan. Combine chocolate and butter in Double Boiler. Place over water in Saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, 3-4 minutes or until chocolate is mostly melted. Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup.
Using Small Scoop, place a level scoop of glaze into wells of Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan. Using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush glaze around bottoms and up sides of wells. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes or until glaze is set. Repeat to apply a second coat of glaze. Place in refrigerator. Set aside remaining glaze in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl.
For mousse, place chocolate, peanut butter and butter in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in clean, dry Double Boiler. Set over same Saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 140°F (60°C). Transfer egg yolk mixture to Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; whisk until room temperature, 3-5 minutes. On medium speed of electric mixer, slowly add chocolate mixture to egg mixture. (Mixture will be thick and appear curdled.) Place cream in Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl; using clean beaters, beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold half of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream.
Remove pan from refrigerator. Using Large Scoop, place a scant scoop of mousse into each well; spread to edges. Microwave reserved glaze, uncovered, on HIGH 10-15 seconds or until fluid; spread evenly over mousse to edges. Cover with Parchment Paper; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Drizzle serving plates with sauce, if desired. Invert pan over Cutting Board; gently press on wells to release bombes. Place bombes onto plates. Garnish with salt, if desired.
- 12 bombes
12 servings of 1 bombe
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 500, Total Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 22 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 fruit, 1 high-fat meat, 6 fat (2 carb)
It's best to let this dessert stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors of the chocolate and peanut butter to shine through.