Banana Caramel Pie
Your guests will be wowed with this dreamy, easy dessert that can be made in advance.
- 1/2 pkg (15 oz/350 g) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust), softened according to package directions
- 24 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1 cup (250 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted chopped pecans
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 pkg (5.1 oz or 160 g) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed (about 3 cups/750 mL), divided
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Unroll crust onto lightly floured surface; roll to an 11 1/2-in. (29-cm) circle. Place crust in 9" Pie Plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Fold and flute edges. Line bottom and sides of crust with Parchment Paper; fill with 3-4 cups (750 mL-1 L) dried beans. Bake 15 minutes; carefully remove parchment and beans. Bake an additional 6-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
Place caramels and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 1 1/2-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour caramel mixture over crust. Sprinkle with pecans. Slice bananas; arrange over caramel mixture.
Combine remaining milk, pudding mix and juice in large mixing bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping; spread evenly over bananas. Pipe remaining whipped topping around edge of pie. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 1 g