Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Canola oil for greasing pan
- 1 pkg (16 oz or 402 g) peanut butter sandwich cookies (about 30 cookies, See Cook’s Tip)
- 1 pkg (18-19 oz or 450 g) fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry roasted peanuts
- 1 pkg (12 oz/350 g) semi-sweet chocolate morsels (2 cups/500 mL)
Pour batter evenly over cookies in pan; spread with Small Mix ‘N Scraper® to cover surface of cookies as much as possible. (Don’t worry if there are a few dry spots; the batter will fill in during baking.)
Bake 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in brownie portion comes out clean.
Meanwhile, process peanuts in Manual Food Processor until coarsely chopped.
Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over brownie; let stand about 3 minutes or until morsels begin to melt. Spread chocolate evenly using clean Small Mix ‘N Scraper®; sprinkle with peanuts.
- 48 servings of 1 bar
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 170, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 80 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g
For best results, use peanut-shaped sandwich cookies. Other round sandwich cookies can be used, however, because they are thicker, the cookies may show through the batter after baking.