- 1 can (20 oz) lychee fruit in syrup
- 1 5-in. (13-cm) piece fresh gingerroot, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) sake, chilled
- Crystallized ginger slices and additional fresh mint leaves (optional)
Drain syrup from lychee fruit into Classic Batter Bowl (set aside lychee fruit for another use). Cut ginger into 1⁄2-in. (1-cm) slices. Add ginger to syrup; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until syrup is hot. Remove batter bowl from microwave; add mint. Cool to room temperature.
Strain cooled syrup into (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl with Strainer; discard ginger and mint. Pour syrup into six glasses. Add 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) of the sake to each glass. Garnish with ginger and mint, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 0 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 1⁄2 fruit (1 1⁄2 carb)