Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Fajita seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz/125 g each)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 (6-in./15-cm) soft flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced avocados, salsa, sour cream (optional)
For marinade, combine olive oil and lime juice in Small Batter Bowl. Press garlic using Garlic Press; add to marinade with seasoning blend and salt. Whisk until blended. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Add 1/4 cup (50 mL) of marinade to chicken; reserve remaining marinade. Seal bag; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat barbecue. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken and vegetables over medium coals 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once using BBQ Tongs. Baste chicken and vegetables with reserved marinade during last 2 minutes of grilling.
Wrap tortillas in heavy aluminum foil; place on grill to warm 5-7 minutes using BBQ Tongs. Remove chicken and vegetables from grill. Thinly slice chicken. Slice grilled peppers into 1/4-in. (6-mm) strips. Slice onion into wedges. Place sliced chicken and vegetables onto tortillas. If desired, top with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, avocados, salsa and sour cream.
- 4 servings of excluding optional ingredients
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 410, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 33 g, Sodium 680 mg, Fiber 2 g