Low-Carb Bubble Waffle Pizza
This mozzarella-crust pizza recipe was created and submitted to us by Senior Consultant Jennifer S. to celebrate the launch of our Waffle Puff Pan. Thanks, Jennifer!
- 4 oz. (125 g) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 1 oz. (30 g) cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Garlic Rub
- ½ cup (125 mL) almond flour
- 1 egg
- Olive oil for greasing
- ¼ cup (50 mL) no-sugar-added pasta sauce
- Optional toppings: 4 pepperoni slices, sliced vegetables
Put ¾ cup (175 mL) of the grated cheese into the small Glass Mixing Bowl and set the remaining cheese aside; add the cream cheese.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.
Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of the seasoning mix and the rub to the bowl. Microwave 30-45 seconds or until the mixture is gooey.
Add the flour, and egg. Mix thoroughly (mixture will be very thick).
Use a Large Scoop to transfer the mixture to the center of the pan. Close the top. Flip and heat for 1½–3 minutes. Slightly lift the top slowly to peek at the crust every minute or so.
- When side one appears to be crust-like, flip the pan over and heat the other side for 1–3 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the pasta sauce and remaining seasoning in a 1-cup (250-mL) Prep Bowl.
When the crust is browned, remove to a plate with the Fork.
Pour the sauce over the crust and spread with the Scoop & Spread. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Add pepperoni (or other desired topping) to the pizza.
Microwave for 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted.
If desired, roll into a boli, and enjoy!
- 2 servings
Nutrients per serving:
US Nutrients per Serving (½ pizza): Calories 500, Total Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Sodium 810 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 27 g