Baked Avocado Tacos
- Oil for spraying pan and avocados
- 2 large, ripe avocados, seeded and peeled
- ¾ cup (175 mL) panko bread crumbs
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) Chipotle Rub
- 10-12 corn or flour tortillas
- Slaw & Sauce
- 5 oz (150 g) radishes, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into thirds
- ½ lime
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
Use the Quick Slice to cut the avocados into slices. Lay the avocado slices on a cutting board.
Combine the panko and rub in one Coating Tray. Lightly spray the avocado slices with oil. Dip 4–5 avocado slices at a time in the panko mixture and coat on both sides.
Place the avocado slices on the pan and bake for 10–12 minutes, or until they’re light golden brown and crispy.
Zest the lime with the Microplane® Zester to measure ½ tbsp (7 mL) and set it aside. Juice the lime with the Juicer. Use the Herb Mill to grate the cilantro. Add the lime juice and 1½ tbsp (22 mL) of the cilantro to the mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
For the sauce, combine the Greek yogurt, lime zest, salt, and remaining cilantro in a small bowl.
Transfer the pan from the oven to a cooling rack. Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds, or until warmed.
Spread the sauce onto the tortillas. Place 2 avocado slices on each tortilla and top with slaw.
- 5-6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (2 tacos): Calories 260, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 5 g