Easy Cranberry Sauce
This simple homemade sauce uses maple syrup and a touch of brown sugar to sweeten and mellow the tartness of the cranberries. Take your sauce to the next level with one of our variations!
- Easy Cranberry Sauce Base
- 1 orange
- 12 oz (350 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed light brown sugar
2 Granny Smith apples, diced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
½ cup (125 mL) pomegranate seeds
- Zest the orange with the Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL) of zest.
Slice the orange in half and juice using with the Juicer to measure ⅓ cup (75 mL).
Place the cranberries in a small saucepan and add the zest, orange juice, maple syrup, brown sugar, and variation ingredients (if desired). Stir to combine.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10–15 minutes or until the berries burst and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, cool completely, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature in the Small Sandstone Serving Bowl.
- 8 servings of 1/4 cup (50 mL)
Cook’s Tip:Cranberry sauce can be made up to one week in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.