Roasted Vegetable Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
Bright rainbow carrots are roasted to make a beautiful side dish with a tangy cider vinaigrette.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Rainbow carrots peeled and cut crosswise into 3 (7.5 cm) lengths and each piece into quarters
- 1 lb (450 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 13 large)
- 1 red onion, wedged
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) minced shallot
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Combine all of the vegetable ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss them to coat.
- Place the vegetable mixture onto the Large Entertaining Platter and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in the Measure, Mix & Pour® and mix until blended. Pour the dressing over the vegetables just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
US Nutrients per serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 27 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 8 g, Sugars 13 g, Protein 4 g
Vegetables can be cooked and cooled completely then refrigerated up to two days. Simply bring them back to room temperature before drizzling with the dressing.