Roasted Vegetable Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
Bright rainbow carrots are roasted to make a beautiful side dish with a tangy cider vinaigrette.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Rainbow carrots peeled and cut crosswise into 3 (7.5 cm) lengths and each piece into quarters
- 1 lb (450 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 13 large)
- 1 red onion, wedged
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) minced shallot
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Combine all of the vegetable ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss them to coat.
Place the vegetable mixture onto the Stone Serving Tray or Large Entertaining Platter and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowland mix until blended. Pour the dressing over the vegetables just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
US Nutrients per serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 27 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 8 g, Sugars 13 g, Protein 4 g
Vegetables can be cooked and cooled completely then refrigerated up to two days. Simply bring them back to room temperature before drizzling with the dressing.