Pecan Crumble Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5 lbs (2.25 kg) sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped pecan halves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 2” (5-cm) pieces. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook sweet potatoes 10-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt 5 tbsp (75 mL) of the butter. Combine melted butter, graham crackers, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
Using Mix 'N Masher, mash sweet potatoes with remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the butter, salt and black pepper. Spoon sweet potato mixture into the Lid of the Covered Roaster; top evenly with pecan mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 290, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 230 mg, Fiber 5 g