Four-Cheese Mac & Cheese
The blend of four cheeses is what gives this crowd-pleaser a special flavor. It’s lower in fat due to the availability of today’s lighter cheeses... plus a few other ingredient adjustments.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces light processed cheese product, cubed
- 2 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 onion Melba toast, crushed (1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon 70% vegetable oil spread, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain. Grate Parmesan cheese with Rotary Grater. Using Utility Knife, cube processed cheese and cream cheese; set aside. Combine flour and pepper in (4-qt.) Casserole. Add 1/2 cup milk, stirring with Nylon Whisk, until completely smooth. Gradually add remaining milk while stirring briskly. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add cheeses, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in macaroni. Pour mixture in Square Baker. Crush Melba toast in sealed plastic bag with Baker's Roller®. Combine with melted spread; sprinkle over top of macaroni. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 446 calories and 13 grams of fat per serving