Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2–3 lbs (1–1½ kg) corned beef brisket
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 6 small red potatoes (1 lb/450 g)
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- ½ green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 container (7.5 oz/212 g) chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (50 mL) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) prepared horseradish
Trim any excess fat from the brisket and place it in the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven along with the pressed garlic.
Peel and chop the onion and carrots, then cut the potatoes into quarters. Add the vegetables and water to the Dutch oven.
Place the Dutch oven in the Rockcrok® Slow Cooker Stand and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Transfer the beef to a cutting board. Add the cabbage to the Rockcrok® and microwave it on HIGH for 8–10 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender. Slice the corned beef.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce. Serve with the corned beef and vegetables.
- 8–10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per Serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 970, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 6 g, Protein 25 g