Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
You can have your mac and cheese and get some healthy nutrients at the same time. This recipe has all the great flavors and colors of mac & cheese plus a boost of nutrients from pumpkin!
- 2 cups (500 mL) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk of your choice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt, plus more as needed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 oz. (125 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup/250 mL)
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked pasta
Combine pumpkin, milk, garlic, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the butter and let it melt, stirring occasionally. Add the cheese, a little bit at a time until it’s fully melted.
- Pour over hot, cooked pasta.
- 6 servings